I was superrrr excited about this Cream color base and had to try it out ASAPPP!!!! I tried it as a lipstain and it is really nice. But I also wanted to try it as a blush. Since this is a very pigmented product I figured the best way to apply this would be with a duo fiber brush in a stippling motion.
Then you must blend it out - very well, with the same brush. You can also put a setting powder over it so it is daytime friendly.
Blended in and also applied to lips as a stain
Hope you guys enjoyed this post and have a Happy and Safe New Years once again
YAYYYYY!!!!!! I got a package todayyyy! My MAC stuff came. I only ordered three things but one of those things in particular (cream color base) I have been excited for for weeks!!!
Cream color base in "Movie Star red"- when I saw pictures of it online it was like nothing I have ever seen before and I loved it. I do not own any cream color bases so this was my first one! Maybe I hyped this product up too much in my head, but I thought it was going to be a truer red, and swatched on my hand it looks more pink :/ (still a beautiful color but not what I was expecting)
The second thing I got was an Eye Kohl in "I get no Kick" it is a pinkyy champagnyy silvery sparkly color... very beautiful. Recently I have been obsessed with lining my upper and lower eyelashes with light colored liner and this will be perfect for me. Its very beautiful and can also be used for an easy eyebrightening color in the inner corner of the eye.
The last thing I got was a chromagraphic pencil in NW25/NC30 - I heard this was a very good product for outlining lips if ou are wearing a bright or bold stated lip just to clean up the edges. Also I heard that these products were good for lining the waterline. (I did not take a pic, because it is the same color as my skin )
Overall I am happy with the products that I got just because I know I will get a lot of use out of the pencils and the CCB is just gonna be a lot of fun to play around with!!!!
I can not believe a year has passed by so quickly :( ... When it came time for me to pick out some of my favorites throughout the year it was so difficult. The thing with me is that I get stuck on a few certain products then the next month i won't touch those products again . These products though stuck out to me the most and I have warmmm feelings about all of them!!!! So lets get it started!
1) Neutrogena SPF 100 sunblock - I have become a bit obsessed wih making sure that my face is protected from the sun. This sunblock goes on my face ever single day before I wear my makeup, maybe SPF 100 is a bit extreme, but I really like this one and it is not for the face particularly it can be used all over but it has never broken me out or felt too heavy on my face.
2) MAC studio sculpt foundation - Back in Jan/Feb my face was feeling very dry and sensitive, and I was looking for a new foundation and I recieved a sample of this from my MAC store, the day that I wore it my face felt soooo smooth and it had like a calming effect on my irritated skin. I bought my own and I wore it every day since then up until the summertime. It has a coverage that can be light or full depending on what kind of brush and hand you use. It is a great foundation!
3) MAC face and body foundation - The first time I used this foundation was on my sweet 16, and that was I think my first foundation EVER! I used to use this foundation with a MAC 190 foundation brush, but more recently when I was using it i would just put some in my hands and rub it on my face, more of like a tinted moisturizer. It is waterbased and perfect for the winter months when your face can feel a bit dry. It looks so natural- which I love and a lot of people never know that I am wearing foundation when I am wearing this but it does even out my skin tone. So when you need a light coverage this is perfect!
4) MAC MSF Natural - I love this because both of the foundations I mentioned previously can be set with this powder or it can be worn a lone, both cases make the foundation last and it looks very natural.
5) Nars Duo - Orgasm and Laguna- The colors are beautiful and look so natural. It gives you a great glow (especially the bronzer) and just goes on so effortlessly. Since it is a two in one combo and comes with a huge mirror, it is perfect for travel because you do not have to bring so many different things with you.
6) Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten in Roseberry- When I first went into sephor I do not even remeber what I was looking for, but I know it was not blush. Then when one of the employees were helping me she suggested I should try this blush, I really did not need any more blush but when she put it on my face I was INLOVE<3 It is such a pure natural pink and I have never come across anything like it. I tried to find a MAC dupe that was not so expensivebecause this blush is $30 ( i think) and I could not find anything close to this. This is also a mineralize blush so it will last me for everrrrr! I bought it summer of '09 and I have not even made a dent in it! Def worth the money and has been a favorite of mine since I bought it.
7) Rimmel London Blush in Pink Sorbet- I heard about this exact blush in a magazine and how it was good for people f my skin/hair color... I do not really have many rimmel products so I decided to give it a try. For a natural flush to the cheeks it is perfect. During the summer I had to work mon-fri and when I wanted a natural face, and I did not want people to know I was wearing makeup I would put this on. Plus it is sooooo afforable! It was a great find!
8) Makeupforever HD powder- During the summer they opened up a new sephora in my mall and for the grand opening of it they were givign away gift cards for the first 100 people on line. I recieved a $25 gift card and had no idea what to buy, so I decided to try this Makeupforever travel kit and this was the only part of it that I loved. The consistency reminds me of flour and I use it under my eyes. It smooths out my concealer and makes it so it does not crease!
9) Sephora Brush in 29 - Going along with under eye concealer I use this brush to lay down the MUF HD powder and the combo of this two gives a great effect... Also the brush is ridic soft :)
10) MAC 239 Brush- This is flat shader brush has been used for every single eye look that I do. I bought it in January and have used it EVERYDAY since then. This will contnue to be a favorite of mine.
11) BareMinerals ID Weather everything Liner sealer- This can be used mix with loose shadows/pigments/ even pressed eyeshadows or glitter and when applied to the eye it will stay on there all day!!!! Its waterproof and is a great addition to my makeup collection because it can make everything I have into a eyeliner!
12) NARS eyeshadow in "cairo"- This taupy color was something I was searching for all summer. In my 88 warm palette I was mixing two colors together to get a great natural taupe color. However those eyeshadows were running out quick and I needed to get a dupe for it quick! This eyeshadow was the closest thing I could find and it is great as all of the lid even by itself
13) Naked Palette- I honestly was very hesistant to buy this palette. I have a ridiculous amount of eyeshadow (many of them neutral colored) and I really was not trying to buy more. But I heard someone on youtube say that it was well worth the money because all of the e/s were full sized and it had a primer potion and double sided liner. I only had one UD e/s before this and I loved it so I figured what the hell especially since for forty dollars you get all of this stuff. Honestly this was the best product I bought all year. The eyeshadow is so pigmented and beautiful, and I honestly believe any combo in the palette would look beautiful together. I get so many compliments when I use this palette.
14) C.O. Bigelow Rosesalve- This "all-puspose salve" smells yummy and is soooo creamy. I love it on my lips and cuticles, even if you get a lil bit dry on the face it can be used for that too! At Bath and Body works I bought like 6 of them!
15) Sabon eye cream- My friend suggetsed this product to me during the summer. She said it was really helpful for under eye circles (which I have plenty of). I never tried this brand and decided to try it out. I used it everyday twice a day and I personally could not see a difference but my guy friend just said to me the other day that I barely had darkness under my eye anymore (and I was not wearng ANY makeup) for a guy to say that and not even know I was using this cream really amazed me! So yea i will def be repurchasing this when I run out.
16) MAC Viva Glam GAGA - ahhhh the infamous GAGA. I was not going to buy this when it came out, I thought cyndi was a better match for my coloring. But I went back to MAC and decided to buy it (my favorite things are things I am always hesitant to buy) This friggen color is sooooooooooooo beautiful when I first bought it i would reaaply it on my lips like every single second. I love the way MAC lipstick smells and this was just a great color. Since it is a lustre its not that dramatic but it is still beautiful.
17) MAC MSFs - "soft n gentle" & "petticoat" - Hilights are just amazing and sparkly and MACs are just amazing they give this heavenly glow to you face and I have loved this two this year!
18) MAC mineralize blush in " The soft meow" - I loved pairing this with "petticoat" and everytime I did I got so many compliments that my skin looked glowy and fresh. That is honestly the best compliment everrrr so I would wear this all the time so that way people complimented me hahahaha
19) Jordana Fabuliner - This liners are fool proof - they are like pens and remind me a lot of the MAC liners, they are good for everyday use because they are not soo soo dark but still make the eyes look beautiful.
20) PONDS cold cream (blue top) - Last winter my skin was getting really dry- especially around the mouth. This mositurizer helped me get rid of that problem and I use it on the rest of my face too to keep it moisturized and healthy. Plus you get soooo much prduct for a very cheap price!
21) MAC paintpot in "rubenesque"- this champagny peachy color is gorgeous even if you do not put anything over it. I used it as a primer though for a lot of my neutral eye looks. I also started using it as a cheek highlight for a beautiful glow to my skin. It is one of my favorite paint pots.
22) Nivea - Kiss of products - they are sooooo smooth and compact, it feels like butter on the lips! I have gone through a ton of these this year!
23) My final favorite of 2010 - is MAC e/s in "woodwinked" - I had a love hate relationship with this eyeshadow but in the end LOVE always wins! I thought this e/s kinda came off reddish when applied above the crease but i realized that this color is AMAZING!!!!and it lived onm y eyelids everyday in April and May.... It is beautiful !!!
Hope you enjoyed loves<3 Have a great New Year!!!!
I love love love this lipstick... I had bought two of these last year and I was not really a fan, but then on christmas day I picked out the shade "bit of berry" at Rite Aid and I am absolutely in loveeeee.... This lipsticks are so pigmented and even though I got mine on sale the price is less than half the price than a MAC lipstick and you get more product. ALthough you can not test them out because it is a drugstore product, if you come across the right color it is a FANTASTIC deal.... I love love love this lipstck and will be repurchasing, and finding more colors!!!
Hey my lovesss, here are some of my December favorites... let me introduce them to you!
1) Secret Wonderland triple moisture body lotion - heaven heaven heaven - smells like candy and makes your body silky smooth in these cold dry monthssssss
2) Revlon age defying precise wrinkle eraser eye cream- I have been trying to do a 20 pan thing-a-ma bob and this is a very creamy product for under the eye, i bought it a while back because it was 75 percent off and it has been very moisturizing for under the eye.
3) I am going to group these next two together- my foundation - two LOREAL powder foundations :1.Bare natural and 2.Trumatch powder.... neither one is my exact match but when mixed together they are perfection.. i love them... especially since i hit pan on the trumatch !!!! 4) Jordana fabuliner in black and brown - if you know how to write with a pen you know how to use these.. they are perfect for everyday and they are so easyyyyyy!!! i love them and they are only 3 bucks eachhhhh! 5) Stila eye kajal in topaz - I bought this last year to brighten up the waterline and never used it... then when i started that 20 pan thing i decided there was no better time to use it then nowwww, and i love it, i have been using it everyday and its been very helpful on those days that I have not been able to sleep enough :) 6) Boots deeply moisturising lipcare- i started using it again because of 20 pan and i use it every single day... i didnt like it to begin with but it is extremely moisturizing. You are supposed to use it once in the morning and once at night, but i have been using it as a regular lipbalm and it has worked out quite nicely. 7) I am grouping this two together also- Maybelline clear brow gel and maybelline define a brow in medium brown... I have never been one to fill in my eyebrows, so i wanted to go about it slowllyyyyy... and these two paired together are fan-tab-ulous!!!! I do short strokes of my brows, comb that out and then go over it with the brow gel and I get amazing results! 8) MAC blush in Highland honey- I recieved this as a gift in the beginning of december, it came out with one fo the MAC collections, and I have been wearing it everyday since. I am normally not one for peachy orange colors, but this is beauty ... it is so natural looking and gorgeous<3 9) Sephora Kabuki brush- I hate hate hate Kabukis that shed... especially the black haired ones, I wanted to try the MAC kabuki butwas hesistant because of the black hairs and the price$$$. So when I had a $15 dollar off coupon I decided to try the sephora one out, and I am in love... I am sooooo happy I did not waste my money on the MAC kabuki because this one was half the price (i think) and SOOOO SOOOO SOOO soft ... I love to put my foundation on in the morning because of this brush !!!! 10) Last but not least- my bobbi brown corrector- I heard about this corrector on a YOUTUBE video and decided to give it a try, especially since I had never tried any bobbi brown products... I put this product underneath my under eye concealer and it brightens my eyes like NOTHING else I have ever tried... This is staying clode by my side even when december is over :) ... Thanks for reading and I hope You all had a WONDERFUL December!!!!! Happy New Years